Friday, April 30, 2010

The IRS Sent Me An E-mail -- They Owe Me Money!

IRS Notification: Refund/Stimulus Payment


Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
United States Department of the Treasury

Dear Taxpayer,

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $773.80.

Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access your tax refund, use the form attached to this email.

----------------------------------------

I instantly knew it was fake because I OWE the IRS money, because the IRS doesn't send e-mails, AND because it says "Dear Taxpayer". If it was real (if the IRS sent out these kinds of e-mails) it would have my name on it.

This is just a scam to get you to fill out the form with your Social Security number and bank information!

Don't fall for the BULL DROPPINGS!

When  in doubt, check www.snopes.com. In fact, speaking of snopes, here's the link to this phishing e-mail: http://www.snopes.com/fraud/phishing/irsrefund.asp



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does уour websіtе havе a сontact
page? I'm having a tough time tracking down it but, I'd lіke to ѕenԁ yοu an email.
I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be enthusiastic about hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

My blog: milf cooter