Sunday, April 5, 2009

Facing Foreclosure?

Listen, you're going to get a lot of messages via e-mail, phone, mail, radio and TV about modifying your mortgage.

YES, you should try to modify your mortgage.

But listen up, my city newsletter says loan-modification companies CANNOT CHARGE AN ADVANCE FEE FOR THEIR SERVICES if your lender has issued a notice of default against you!!!

So that stuff you're getting from those companies is a bunch of BULL DROPPINGS!

What you need to do is contact your mortgage company and ASK for a loan modification. That generally puts the foreclosure on hold for a couple of months while they go through the process. And trust me, it's well worth it, I did it myself and IT DIDN'T COST ME A PENNY!

Don't be scammed by job loss and foreclosure, you do have options.

And listen carefully, if you do lose your house, it's not the end of the world.

I can personally tell you that three years after the discharge of your bankruptcy, you will qualify as a first time homebuyer and be able to buy again. And now that you've survived the mortgage meltdown, you'll be a better consumer and homeowner.

Remember, there is NO need for drastic measures. If you lose your job and your house, it's only a momentary setback on your road of life.

It's not the end of the world.

I can tell you this because I personally know a few people who are actually on their THIRD house, and I myself lost a house in the 90s. And three years and two months after the discharge of my bankruptcy, I bought another house.

Don't let the scammers and BSers and drama suck you down with BULL DROPPINGS! You will come out of this mess in a way better space, just give it all time to evolve, it's gonna be OK!

No comments: