Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Bank Has Suspended My Account!

Oh my goodness, the bank has suspended my account! AGAIN!

Well, it might be true, if I actually had an account with this bank. But I sure wouldn't use their link, I'd go to my bank's website and check it out from there.

The BULL DROPPINGS get deeper by the day. It must be the holiday season, because the fake e-mails are coming in faster than I can delete them!

I got this one just the other day, it was over in my spam box, where it belongs, but I thought you'd find it amusing.

Dear Customer,
Back of Lancaster County temporarily suspended your account. [Please note, they misspelled Bank!]
Reason: Billing failure.
We require you to complete on account update so we unlock your account. To log in and start the update process click here .Once you have completed the update, you can access your accoung at any time. The information provided will be treated in confidence and stored in our secure database. Your account will be deleted if you fail to complete the update process.

Besides the misspellings, their English grammar is terrible! A second grader can write better than most of the scammers sending out these e-mails.

As always, be careful out there in cyberspace. NEVER click on a link provided in an e-mail. Open a new window and type in your bank, credit card company or other website.

And if you don't have an account with that company, just hit the old "SPAM" button on your e-mail so next time their message won't even make it to your inbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.